At Suncoast Chiropractic, we have helped hundreds of sportsmen and women, competing at all levels, to get back to full fitness and mobility after sports injuries. There is never a good time for an injury to strike – but for athletes who may be training for a major event, playing regularly for a team, or for those of us who have been exercising as part of a healthier lifestyle, being ‘out of action’ due to an injury, can be devastating. Don’t worry our experienced team is here to help you.
Whether you are suffering from a sports injury that has just happened or have an ongoing problem that just will not go away, we can help. Call us on (07) 5492 5588 now to book your initial appointment.
How Our Team Can Help
- Same day assessment wherever possible for sports injuries
- Diagnostic tests will determine the cause of acute injuries, or those that have been a long-term problem for you
- An agreed treatment and rehabilitation plan tailored to your individual needs and designed for optimal recovery; that is, full and complete healing in the shortest time possible with a diminished likelihood of recurrence
- Routine treatment of chronic and overuse injuries that, for sports people in particular, can help to keep them at the top of their game
- Dietary and nutritional support, and treatments and exercises to improve strength and mobility, to help you to improve your overall health and athletic performance
- Advice on safely exercising while returning to full fitness, appropriate training methods and can liaise with your coach or personal trainer if appropriate.
What to Expect from Chiropractic Treatment for Sports Injuries
Getting the right advice and treatment right from the start is important. Immediate treatment minimises the inflammation and swelling in affected soft tissues and enables the quickest possible return to training and competing with a lower chance of the injury recurring.
At the initial appointment, we will assess and diagnose the cause of your injury. At this point, we will discuss with you the most appropriate course of treatment in your case. Treatment may include a combination of adjustments, soft tissue massage and joint mobilisation. Deep tissue massage, also called sports massage, can help to prevent injury and reduced mobility and restores balance to the musculoskeletal system. Physical benefits include increased circulation muscle elasticity and the breakdown of scar tissue from previous injuries.
We can advise on exercises to ensure that you maintain fitness and exercise the rest of your body while your injury is healing as well as functional and flexibility exercises that you can incorporate into your daily routine afterwards.
As Registered Chiropractors, we are qualified to diagnose the exact nature of your injury. With expert knowledge of particular sports and the injuries most commonly associated with them, we have the experience to enable you to make the best possible recovery in the shortest possible time.
Call us today on (07) 5492 5588 to discuss how we can help you.